This article was first run on Touchmark at Fairway Village’s August newsletter.
Reclaiming Your Health…at Home
Part II: Clean Food
Most of us had grandparents who gardened, canned food, made jams and pickles, and more. They ate and preserved REAL food. And, back then, nearly all food was organic.
Sadly, that’s not the case anymore and a lot of food is sprayed, grown with pesticides, or even created in a lab! Frighteningly, lines are being blurred between agriculture and pharmaceutical companies.
And now, we actually have to pay MORE at the grocery store to get LESS – less stuff added to our food!
You’ve likely heard about the damage that all those chemicals can do to your nervous and endocrine system. That’s why eating clean food like our grandparents did is so important for our health, vitality, and longevity.
So, where do we start when we want to turn OFF the negative consequences of toxic food and turn ON the benefits that whole, clean food offers?
You can become your own health advocate! To make the smart switch to clean food, start here:
- Evaluate what’s in your recycle bin. If it’s full of a lot of packaged goods, make a goal to reduce that intake of preservatives (which are hard for the body to process.)
- Evaluate what’s in your pantry and fridge. A good rule of thumb is to have at least 70% of your food be whole, real food (instead of heat-and-eat or boxed food.)
- Make the switch to organic instead of conventional food. It’s less expensive than illness caused by toxins. Start with your milk and meat products and then move to fruits and vegetables.
Fueling your body with clean food is an essential building block to ordered health.
Here’s to your vitality!
- Follow us on Facebook for inspiration and resources for Reclaiming Your Health!
- Learn more about our Reclaim Your Health consulting services for hands-on help
- Read the full Touchmark Newsletter here